Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has been named co-founder of blockchain-based venture capital firm Equi Global.


Looking to Disrupt the Venture Capital Industry

Steve Wozniak,  co-founder of Apple, has formally joined a blockchain-based venture capital firm, Equi Global, as co-founder. Live Bitcoin News had reported about Wozniak’s plans to get involved with the controversial start-up in August. His coming on board brings a lot of credibility to the start-up that earlier this year canceled its planned ICO main sale due to inadequate response during the pre-ICO stage.

Equi Global, earlier called Equi Capital, is a company focused on disrupting the venture capital industry which traditionally has been the playfield of only institutional investors or family funds.

Equi Capital was founded by former lingerie magnate Baroness Michelle Mone – Lady Mone of Mayfair OBE – and her billionaire boyfriend, Doug Barrowman.

The firm, using its EquiTokens, will enable accredited investors to participate in venture funding with the flexibility of trading the tokens on cryptocurrency exchanges as per their convenience.

Wozniak’s Blockchain Interest

Wozniak will contribute to the firm by evaluating technology companies that are worthy of investment. Expressing his excitement about joining Equi, Wozniak said:

I get ideas pitched to me every single day in fact dozens, and I always say no. Since I co-founded Apple with Steve Jobs, this is about the second time in twenty years that I actually said yes. I want to be a part of this. It has to be something I really believe in, and I really believe in EQUI.

The Apple co-founder’s interest in blockchain has been visible since he bought his first Bitcoin when it was priced at $700. Since then, he has been a regular at blockchain conferences around the world.

Venture Funding on the Blockchain

EquiToken, the native token of the platform, is built on the Ethereum blockchain. Accredited investors around the world willing to contribute to the venture fund will be able to do so by buying the digital asset through crypto exchanges. The firm plans to make 80% of its investments in technology firms and the remaining 20% in real estate and art.

art

Wozniak says:

We’ve already got over 20 businesses that we are looking at, and we haven’t even officially launched yet. It’s going to be very exciting.

He further added:

Ultimately, our mission is to seek, support and fund the blockchain and tech stars of tomorrow. EQUI Global is a game-changer.

Wozniak believes that Equi Global provides him with the platform to mentor technology start-ups. He further said:

We are the teachers, and I believe in that so strongly because Apple was strongly mentored. The enjoyment we had, the passion, starting the company, the excitement, it’s the most exciting thing. I like to see it happen for others and just to be a part of being able to help make it happen for a lot of others out there is going to be a big deal for me. I think I have an important role and I can help a lot.

Wozniak’s decision to join Equi will evoke curiosity and interest from other technology entrepreneurs around the globe. With the wealth of experience and wisdom that he brings to the table, a lot of focus will be on the performance of the blockchain firm.

What do you think will be the impact of Wozniak’s joining Equi Global on the firm’s fortunes? Let us know in the comments below.


Images courtesy of  Shutterstock and YouTube/@Equi Global.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.